People EVERYWHERE are positively clamoring for an update on WHY I have not posted for two laborious weeks, according to one source I made up in my head. Well, let me just tell you, this post is going to be list-tastic, because I need to tell you a) all the goings-on from the past two weeks, b) how my husband saved my sanity as a result of all the goings on from the past two weeks.
So. List #1: Goings-On
1. The Hubs was out of town from Saturday-Friday morning last week for work. In California. (And he had the nerve to send me pictures…)
2. Meanwhile, I spent the week not achieving all the lofty organizational and/or housecleaning goals I’d set for myself, taking care of Lucy, and being generally exhausted.
3. Ebenezer Designs received its VERY FIRST ORDER last week. From someone I didn’t even know. Eep! I was so excited. I called my mom. (And yes, you will see the order, but not until after I know my fabulous customer has gotten to see it first.) This was the one thing I actually got to work on, while watching all the DVR’ed episodes we had of Fixer Upper.
4. There were a lot of other things. But now I can’t remember them. So, this list is shorter than it really should be…
List #2: My Hero Husband
1. First of all, my husband was willing- after a long week and a red-eye flight back from California last Thursday night- to then drive over to my parents’ house two hours away to celebrate Lucy’s first birthday. (All weekend.) Need to see the cuteness? I figured. The theme was bunnies… Prepare yourself accordingly…
(I mean, stop it.)
2. So then, we drove back home Sunday afternoon, when I realized I probably should take Lu to the doctor because she’d had a rash that was getting rashier by the day. But I wasn’t going to be able to, because three ridiculously cute, snuggly, fuzzy-headed newborn triplets started this week at the daycare. (So. Many. Babies.) Oh, and because we flew out to Texas this past Wednesday evening, so we had to do laundry and pack somewhere in there, too. So, Ryan volunteered to take personal time and take her to the doctor on Tuesday. Hero point number two.
3. Hero point number three is that not only did he take her to the doctor (which required a 20-minute drive from his office to daycare, followed by a 30-minute drive to the doc’s, and then back to the daycare) and pick up her prescription cream, but instead of working late like he said he’d have to do, he decided to just take Lucy home. Which meant a lot less lugging-heavy-bags/child around for me. Mommas- y’all know what I’m talking about.
4. By the time I got home, he had made dinner- let me say it again: he had made dinner- and fed Lucy most of hers. At this point, I’m wondering if he’s in some kind of secret competition to win husband of the year? Like a broken record, I kept telling him thank you and how awesome he is, until the word “awesome” had lost all meaning.
5. While I gave Lucy her bath, I’d mentioned with a sigh that I needed to deal with the overflowing sink, because I just couldn’t handle coming back home to nasty, gross dishes everywhere. After her bath, I came out to find them ALL DONE. PEOPLE.
6. On Wednesday, he shipped the aforementioned first Etsy shop order (and there was much rejoicing) for me. Because I’m bad at mail.
So, all that to provide you insight as to why my long-awaited post comes so late (tell me you can hear the sarcasm?) and basically is a list of excuses as to why. You’re welcome.
What has gotten me through the last two weeks? Coffee, my friends. Always coffee. (And Jesus, but coffee is just his special invention for me to utilize in these situations. Thank you, Jesus.)
So, here is the print that I’d made summing up this profundity: